New Feature Release: Ranked 1v1 & Spells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feature Release: Ranked 1v1 & Spells

EDIT 2/22/2019: Our devs are wrapping the last few bug fixes on 1v1– thank you so much for all your participation and feedback!

We will be ready to officially kick off Season 1 of Ranked 1v1 TONIGHT (2/22/2019) at 8 PM PST! The leaderboards will be reset before the first round begins, and any players who purchased Rank Tokens today will be refunded. All your heroes will be revived for the week, and everyone will start with full Rank Tokens.

Please be reminded that you may only use each champion ONCE PER RANKED SEASON! Everyone will also have one free 7* Grok for use in Ranked 1v1 this week– he can only be deployed once. If you have Grok already, you'll be able to deploy both the new one for the season as well as your own. As a note, you can find the total amount of Ranked Cash you have earned in your Inventory or in the Prize Shop (accessible in the Fight menu).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image (2).png Views:	280 Size:	722.3 KB ID:	3142

Greetings Guardians!

Today we have an exciting update for you! We've been preparing for this for the last few months, and we're finally ready to announce it to everyone!

We are releasing the new Ranked Battles, where you will be pitted in real time 1v1 matches against players from all realms!

Every day, there will be four time periods when ranked matches will open: 2-3 AM PST, 8-9 AM PST, 2-3 PM PST, and 8-9 PM PST. During those times, you'll be able to choose the Ranked or Unranked 1v1 mode of play when you Fight. You'll then be matched against another live player for a true test of strength, and earn points to rank on the Weekly Leaderboard.
    • Playing Ranked costs Rank Tokens. Each match costs 1 token, and they recover at a rate of 1 every 6 hours. You can also purchase up to 1 extra token per day by spending 100 gems. You can hold up to 8 tokens maximum at one time.
    • When playing Ranked, you will alternate on Attack and Defense between each match. Your units and spells will be available based on what you have set in your Attack and Defense squads.*
    • Players will be ranked across 6 different leagues. Each weekly season, players will compete against one another. The top of each league will move up one league for the next season, while the bottom of each league will move down one league for the next season.
    • Players from the same alliance can be matched against each other. Players across different realms can also be matched.
    • The score you earn after each match depends on:
      • How much of the base you captured/defended
      • How many enemy troops you've killed
      • How many champions/classes of heroes that you've deployed
      • Double your total score if you win the battle!
    • Your champions can only be used once per weekly season. Every season, one of the hero classes will get a significant score boost if you deploy these heroes.
    • One free hero will be given to each player every season to try out, corresponding to that week's hero class. This hero can only be used during 1v1, and only one time! It will disappear at the end of the season if unused. This week, the featured hero class will be Fighters.
    *Note: For Cataclysm players, you'll be required to assign units and spells to an Attack and Defense squad separately at the "Change Troops" button on lower left corner the Fight menu. Players on other realms will be able to use the Attack and Defense squads already available in their Barracks (Change Troops will just take you to your Barracks decks)

Based on your League, you'll also have special League Bonuses that are active throughout the game, including 3v3 and Alliance Wars. If you fall out of the League, you'll lose the bonus, while climbing up the ranks will earn you even more bonuses!

At the end of each week, you'll earn prizes based on your League and your Rank! These can include chests, spells, and Rank Cash. If you're out of Rank Tokens, don't worry! You'll be able to play Unranked to earn more Rank Cash, which you'll be able to redeem at the end of the season in the shop for some pretty cool prizes. You can earn 2 Rank Cash per win, for up to 10 Rank Cash per day.

During this first week, the highest league players can be placed into is Diamond. The top of the league will move into Masters. As competition grows more fierce, we'll be tuning matchmaking and scoring, so let us know how they feel!

---

We have also released the long awaited spells– these powerful one-time-use items can be cast to instantly turn the tide of battle! Once used up, they will be gone. Earn these spells by playing Ranked Mode!
    • Fireball Spell: A common spell that rains fireballs down upon your enemies, instantly dealing massive damage to all enemies in an area.
    • Shield Spell: A common spell that will grant a shield to all allies in an area
    • Freeze Spell: A common spell that will freeze opponents in place. But be warned, heroes that are in the middle of casting ults are immune to this spell! It also cannot be used on buildings.
    • Enrage Spell: A legendary spell that channels the rage of the berserkers, doubling the attack rate for all ally units in an area!
    • Polymorph Spell: A legendary spell that channels ancient magics to turn enemies units into helpless beeps!

Each type of spell can only be used once per 3v3 or 1v1 Ranked match. You can slot the spells you want in your Barracks Squad– you'll start with one slot, but will be able to purchase up to two more slots to use a maximum of 3 different types of spells per battle.

Remember that you can only slot spells that you currently own! Spells are currently unavailable for use during Alliance Wars, but support will be added in the future so stay tuned.

---

We're very excited to finally share these features with you, and hope you'll have lots of fun battling each other! Please let us know any feedback you might have– we'll be tuning both Ranked Play and Spells in the upcoming weeks, and your feedback is invaluable to us.

- GK_Valeon

Cuz our feed back determines the quality of work you all do.

Comment

Aaaand, bugged all to heck

Comment

Get your current stuff stable first please before you go releasing new content.

Comment

Welcome to 1v1, where you spend gems and tokens to "spectate someone else base" and nothing else. Broken update, much like the poopy developers... Don't hype up something you can't deliver.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who played our first round of 1v1! We've found several bugs and devs are working on patching these issues. The biggest one which was fixed around 40 minutes into the hour was the issue of spectating matches rather than being placed properly into your own. This one has been resolved, but we know there were some other bugs you've experienced.

Please let us know either here or through support about any bugs you may have encountered.

The 2 AM PST round of 1v1 on 2/22/2019 will not be happening. We will compensate everyone for gems on Rank Tokens, and when we start 1v1 again, the leaderboards will be reset. Again, thank you all so much for bearing with us, and please let us know about issues that you've experience.

Comment

Don't listen to the these cry babies, you're doing an awesome job. Gg devs

Comment

Greetings Guardians! Our devs are wrapping the last few bug fixes on 1v1– thank you so much for all your participation and feedback!

We will be ready to officially kick off Season 1 of Ranked 1v1 TONIGHT at 8 PM PST! The leaderboards will be reset before the first round begins, and any players who purchased Rank Tokens today will be refunded. All your heroes will be revived for the week, and everyone will start with full Rank Tokens.

Please be reminded that you may only use each champion ONCE PER RANKED SEASON! Everyone will also have one free 7* Grok for use in Ranked 1v1 this week– he can only be deployed once. If you have Grok already, you'll be able to deploy both the new one for the season as well as your own. As a note, you can find the total amount of Ranked Cash you have earned in your Inventory or in the Prize Shop (accessible in the Fight menu).

Comment

Originally posted by GK_Valeon View Post
                  Greetings Guardians! Our devs are wrapping the last few bug fixes on 1v1– thank you so much for all your participation and feedback!

We will be ready to officially kick off Season 1 of Ranked 1v1 TONIGHT at 8 PM PST! The leaderboards will be reset before the first round begins, and any players who purchased Rank Tokens today will be refunded. All your heroes will be revived for the week, and everyone will start with full Rank Tokens.

What's the effing point of having the option for unranked when the option matches you for ranked matches anyway and against players 30 lvls higher than you? These bugs should have been worked out before an initial release. What a lazy bunch of coders/developers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190223-000523_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1516
Size:	657.2 KB
ID:	3154
                    Originally posted by GK_Valeon View Post

What's the effing point of having the option for unranked when the option matches you for ranked matches anyway and against players 30 lvls higher than you? These bugs should have been worked out before an initial release. What a lazy bunch of coders/developers.

Comment

Nice work devs. Finally a home run. Give yourself a big high five. Was really fun. Awesome bug fix.

Comment

The next round of 1v1 will be held at 2 AM PST today, and the rest of the week will follow as in the rules! We are still counting the scores from this match into the first season, but we are aware that some players experienced a random bug that would place them into their battles late, or that would place them into battles that they were unable to access (but that would show up in their battle logs after).

The devs are currently investigating the issue. If you experience any other issues or see this happening again, please let us know here or in support! We'll be compensating players from the first season of 1v1, and we'll keep improving on this feature as we hear back more from you. Thank you for all your patience and support.

Comment

How about fixing the disappearing champs bug? I know there’s a huge chance of the champion vanishing underneath the map as soon as I use dash, but sometimes in the heat of the fight I still try to dash before I remember that. And of course they disappear and leave me at a disadvantage for the rest of the fight. I’ve opened tickets with support that have received no response, so trying here as a last resort.

Incidentally, there’s also another bug where champ skins you have purchased show a gem price on them again even though you have the skin equipped. When you use the champ it shows up in battles in the original skin, even though the avatar icon shows the purchased skin. I cut my spending down by 90% when it seemed like you guys were abandoning the game; these rampant bugs have finally convinced me to cut the final 10% because it’s literally like I’m being punished for giving you guys money.
                          Last edited by roflcopter; 02-22-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• GK_Valeon
                            GK_Valeon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for the feedback, and apologies for the trouble— our devs are actively looking into the champion dashing bug— we managed to patch a few issues that caused champions to leave the map, and are trying to reproduce any remaining. If you could let Support know any replays you have where it happens, it will help us immensely.

I checked in with Support and they are also working on the champion skin issue you mentioned with the screenshots you sent in earlier— we anticipate having that fixed soon!

Well let me tell you something, I don't care if you say "your feedback is invaluable to us. - GK_Valeon" I'm gonna tell you one fucking thing, its not working, 8-9am pst time frame for 1v1 ranked cannot attack using energy, do 1v1 ranked, or 1v1 unranked, the text leaderboard, change troops, and prize shop keep flashing on and off, what is this fucking bug you cunt devs aren't willing to fix? IT'S CALLED PRE FUCKING TESTING YOUR FUCKING UPDATES

- Flowenol

Comment

• GK_Valeon
                            GK_Valeon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know— could you screenshot what you're currently seeing in-game and send it over to Support? You can find the Support contact button in your Settings, and that'll send us some information on your game version and we can get that resolved for you ASAP.

First off, well done on the new mode. It’s a ton of fun.
                          - I like that the troops are much faster and love that you can only do a limited amount of attacks each day so you don’t have to go hard every time it’s up.
                          - I also like that you can only buy one extra token a day. I wish you couldn’t buy any, but I get it.
                          - it’s fun battling people from all realms. Fresh.
                          - I like that you can only use heroes once a week. Makes using them much more meaningful. I fought someone who ended up using deathbribger and blackheart. Almost won but I didn’t feel so bad knowing that he could no longer use those two for the rest of the week.

Can you please fix the hero dashing bug? Been a major pain for half a year or more.

Also still a bit buggy. I lost a token yesterday when I joined a game then immediately got a “defeat” message upon joining the match. Bugs like that are killer since we’re limited in our daily attacks.
                          It would be cool if we didn’t have to fight allies in ranked. I don’t mind unranked but feel bad fighting them in ranked.

Looking forward to the spells. Hoping they aren’t game breaking but I’m glad you can only use them once.

Overall, great work on this update. It’s fresh and a lot of fun. It’ll be even better once the bugs are all fixed.
                          Last edited by Gunter; 02-23-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X