Clear All

• [Champion Guide] Valeon

​​VALEON
    "Let me be your shield"
    Introduction

Class: Tank
    Rarity: Common
    Story:
    "A Valkyrie Paladin, champion of the Order of Light. Valeon commands the human armies, which are the final bastion between the Chaos Legion and the Guardian Kingdoms. With the return of the black dragon known as Dragonbane, Valeon has set out to cleanse the world of all corruption.

Valeon is able to channel the Star Crystals' energy into a concentrated energy shield, protecting the soldiers who fight by his side. His Guardian Knights ride by his side when summoned to battle, and the sight of this noble champion gives any army an immediate morale boost."

Valeon is one of the starter champions, but that does not stop him from being one of the best champions in the game. He is versatile and can be put in to just about any situation. On offense, he shines when using his ult to shield fragile units. On defense, he is able to effectively protect key buildings with strategic placement of troops and timing of his ult which also causes knockback to enemies.

Skills

Shield of Justice
    Creates a defensive shield around himself and allies for 7 seconds.
    2-star: Increase Range by 10%. + Shield.
    3-star: Increase Range by 20%. + Shield.
    4-star: Increase Range by 40%. + Shield.
    5-star: Increase Range by 60%. + Shield.
    6-star: Increase Range by 80%. + Shield.
    7-star: Increase Range by 100%. + Shield.
    8-star: Increase Range by 120%. + Shield.
    9-star: Incrase Range by 150%. + Shield.

Righteous Guardian
    Each attack has a knockback.

PvP Offense
    Rating: 4/5
    Despite being one of the starter champions, Valeon is one of the strongest champions in the early game. His ultimate provides a protective shield against damage for a duration of 7 seconds. In the early game, almost nothing can penetrate this shield, making it so your units survive longer. Often, you want to cast the ult in the middle of a bunch of small units, so you can maximize the amount of shield given to allies.
    PvP Defense
    Rating: 5/5
    On defense, the ultimate comes in handy when you need to protect a certain key building like the Guardian Tower, Champion Hall, or Alliance Hall. His ult knocks back enemy units within a small radius of himself, so it's common to drop Valeon adjacent to a building and knock enemies away and potentially saving or at least stalling the destruction of that building.
    PvE
    Rating: 3/5
    Valeon works well in boss fights, but particularly for the Earth Elemental boss. When he is fighting the boss alone, his high armor and HP allow him to survive for an absurd amount of time. Pair him with other high HP and damage units like the reaver and warship to get the best bang for your buck. Spread those units on either side of the boss to maximize their damage while reducing damage taken. Remember, the boss has two large AoE swipes, but it cannot reach both sides of him at the same time. The hardest part is dealing with the waves of adds. I generally like to have some immortals and archers or ballistas to help out with the adds.

Combos

Valeon + Ironguards
    Ironguards have some of the highest dps per supply in the game. But they are susceptible to AoE attacks due to their small footprint. A viable strategy is to rush a mortar tower or group of ballistas with Valeon and ironguards, using Valeon's shield to soak up the splash damage. The key is to take out the target(s) within the 7 seconds the shield lasts, or at least deal as much damage to them as possible. Remember, Valeon's shield has a limited range, so try to drop him in the middle of an ironguard deathball to maximize the shields.

Note: You can use this combo with other high damage units as well like rangers and knights. With rangers, often times Valeon would walk in front of them, so they will be out of range for the shield. And knights have a larger footprint than small units like the ironguard and ranger, so you won't be able to cover as many knights as you would ironguard.

Valeon + Reavers
    On offense, reavers target only buildings. This is critical to know when you're in a pinch and need to take down a specific building. For instance, you might find yourself in a position where you're running out of time on the battle and need to take down a Guardian Tower immediately. You want to send in some reavers for the job, but you can't be sure they would survive, so you drop your Valeon shield to protect them best you can.

Valeon + Warship vs Skyguard Tower
    Warships are beasts of the sky. They deal an insanely high amount of damage, but have relatively low health. Their biggest weakness on offense is the Skyguard Tower, which unlocks at Castle 8. It's important to stay away from these Skyguard Towers, but in case you cannot avoid them, try to drop a Valeon ult to protect your Warships.

Valeon + Anything vs Tempest Tower
    This is another example of how versatile Valeon is. The Tempest Tower is an extremely dangerous tower that deals an insane amount of damage. It can one shots many champions and units. In order to save your champion or units from tower's beams, you must activate Valeon's shield prior to getting hit by the Tempest Tower. An alternative strategy in taking down the Tempest Tower is to shield dps units like footmen so they can get up and finish the Tempest Tower while taking minimal losses.

Stats

Note: The stats for each star level are the maximum potential of the champion at that star level, meaning they are fully leveled up.

Star

Shards Req

Level Max

HP Max

Attack Max

Attack Speed

DPS

Armor

Move Speed

Range

Respawn
    1 30 30 4420 220 1.5 147 13.8 3 1.25 20m
    2 90 40 5400 250 1.5 167 14.6 3 1.25 28m
    3 180 50 6520 290 1.5 193 15.6 3 1.25 34m
    4 200 60 7780 330 1.5 220 16.7 3 1.25 40m
    5 400 70 9180 380 1.5 253 18 3 1.25 44m
    6 500 80 10710 430 1.5 287 19.3 3 1.25 48m
    7 500 90 12350 480 1.5 320 20.8 3 1.25 52m
    8 500 100 14120 540 1.5 360 22.4 3 1.25 56m
    9 550 110 16000 600 1.5 400 24 3 1.25 60m
    Conclusion

Despite being a starter hero, Valeon is one of the best champions in the game. He is useful from the early game to the end game. Being a Common champion, his respawn time is very low, so you will see him often on the battlefield. His ult is extremely powerful and versatile. It can be used with other allied champions on offense when you want to gank an enemy tower or champion. Or it can be used to stall opponents from taking down your buildings.
    Last edited by LuvDoctor; 08-08-2017, 05:06 PM.

Wow. Nice guide buddy! I don't know about Warship + Valeon, doesn't sound right, but then again I have never tried that. It might be cool to add somewhere that Valeon is a nice counter to reavers because of the knockback.

Comment

Good post! Keep up the good work. Thanks!

Comment

Absolutely amazing guide! Visuals are spectacular, everything is easy to read, easy on the eyes and stats are on point.
        Thank you for putting in the effort for this, hopefully we see more guides for the rarer heroes.

Love this post!!!
        -Dedvo

Comment

I like what you've done here, but I think you pulled the stats from the 'official' wikia wiki (http://guardiankingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Valeon). Unfortunately health and armor are not correct.

You added a lot of great content though and it looks awesome! Added a link to this from GuardianKingdomsWiki.com

These are some of Valeon's stats as I see them in game. Level 30 is 1-star max, level 40 is 2-star max, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 11.50.29 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	1258

Below is the link to the wikia entry.
          A Valkyrie Paladin, champion of the Order of Light. Valeon commands the human armies, which are...
          Last edited by Warbound; 08-08-2017, 10:58 PM.
          aka Hideous
          www.GuardianKingdomsWiki.com

Comment

Nice work! How do people find the patience to do these things is beyond me, but helps the community tremendously!

Comment

Originally posted by Warbound View Post
              I like what you've done here, but I think you pulled the stats from the 'official' wikia wiki (http://guardiankingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Valeon). Unfortunately health and armor are not correct.

You added a lot of great content though and it looks awesome! Added a link to this from GuardianKingdomsWiki.com

These are some of Valeon's stats as I see them in game. Level 30 is 1-star max, level 40 is 2-star max, etc.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 11.50.29 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	1258

Below is the link to the wikia entry.
              You're right, I got the info from the wiki, since that is the official place. Since I don't have all the champions, I felt like that is the best source of my information. I'll email the devs to see if they have some explanation for this. I'll update this guide when I have a definitive answer.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I enjoy making guides like this so we can compare and contrast the champions. Keep in mind, these ratings are all just my opinion, and therefore is not necessarily indicative of how they perform in a real battle. Please let me know if you disagree with any of the information or ratings, and we can discuss why.

Comment

Working...
              X